Ronaldo not happy. – Alessandro Di Marco / AP / SIPA
Juventus Turin has given strong support to Cristiano Ronaldo claiming that the allegations of rape targeting his Portuguese striker "do not change his opinion" on Thursday, the day after the categorical denial of CR7 for having raped a 34-year-old American woman in Las Vegas. Vegas in 2009.
@ Cristiano Ronaldo has shown in recent months his great professionalism and dedication, which is appreciated by everyone at Juventus. 1 / 1- JuventusFC (@juventusfcen) October 4, 2018
"Cristiano Ronaldo has shown great professionalism and dedication in recent months, which is very much appreciated by everyone at Juventus. The incriminating facts going back almost ten years do not change this opinion which is shared by all those who came into contact with this great champion, "write the seven-time champions of Italy in title on their Twitter account.
The events of this year are back to almost 10 years ago, do not change this opinion, which is shared by anyone who has come into contact with this great champion. 2 / 2- JuventusFC (@juventusfcen) October 4, 2018
The case tarnishes the image of the reigning European champion with Portugal, the Las Vegas police said it was going to reopen the case, which occurred in June 2009. On Wednesday, Ronaldo, 33, denied categorically raping an American woman in a Las Vegas hotel in June 2009, calling the rape "an abominable crime".
Accused of rape in the United States, what risk Cristiano Ronaldo? https://t.co/WXkLKedFsd via @ 20minutesSport pic.twitter.com/ngzhcDmkqf- 20 Minutes Sport (@ 20minutesSport) October 4, 2018
"Rape is an abominable crime that goes against all that I am and what I believe," the Portuguese champion wrote on his Twitter account. "I refuse to feed this media circus mounted by people who seek to advertise at my expense," he added in this message in English, saying serene and with "clear conscience".
But her accuser's attorneys, who have been suffering since psychological injuries, said at a press conference that she had been "very consistent" in denouncing the aggression. Las Vegas police announced Monday that they have reopened the investigation into the charges laid by 34-year-old Kathryn Mayorga, who claims in a civil complaint that the footballer forcibly sodomized her on June 13, 2009.